Friday 8 July 2011

Guate!!!!!!!!! We're here!!!!!!!!!!

So here I am in good 'ole Guatemala.  It is such a different culture here.  I quite enjoy the food difference here. Beans, tortillas, plantains, and spaghetti with salsa (surprisingly delicious).  It's a good thing Liz and I live halfway up the hill so we can work off all these delicious carbs.  We are also really lucky to have a warm shower, also known as a suicide shower.  This name was given to the fact that there is electricity and water in the same general vicinity.  However, I survived my first shower here none-the-less.  the children at the school are really loving and I think I've fallin' in love with them already.  They are the sweetest things ever, words cannot describe it fully.  yeah we've been here for a few days and my body is still trying to get adjusted to all the new sights and sounds and my heart is trying to get used to the poverty here.  More later when I can stay on a singular topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment