Tuesday 12 February 2013

True Love



I just want everyone to know that
God loves you.

He has a deep, passionate desire for every person on the earth.  Christian or Atheist.  Black or white. Man or Woman.  He loves everyone.  He sent is son to die.  He literally watched his son cry out in pain and agony and die for us.  That's insane!  It's crazy!  That's love!

And his love does not rely on whether we do good things.  He love does not rely on how bad we've been in the past.  His love does not rely on how good we do in the future.  God loves us whether we choose to follow him.  God loves us whether we never choose him at all.

God loves us infinitely and without bounds.  His love will never leave.  There is nothing you can do to run away from the love that God has for you.  Whatever you do, God's love doesn't change.  God's love is ever-present and inviting.  He longs, deeply and passionately, for EVERY person on this planet.

If no one chose Him, He would still love us.  He would still pursue us and long for us.

I know it's hard to feel God's love and maybe you've never experienced it at all.  I want you to ignore the fact that you don't fully believe that the great God could ever love someone like you.  Just suspend your disbelief and try this.  If only for 5 minutes.

I dare you. 

It's simple.

1) Hold your arms out
2) Say (out loud) "God, please show me your love"


That's it.  That's all it takes.

I believe that God will touch you tonight.  I believe it because I know the truth.

The truth is God loves you and he will show it to you.  He wants you, all of you, to love.  So if you think I'm crazy (and it's ok if you do) just remember the truth that God loves you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment