Monday 29 December 2014

I'm Heading Back...

In just a few short days I will be heading back to my home in Guatemala!!!!!

I'm so stoked to be working with all the wonderfully intelligent kids at Colegio Cristiano Avivando el Feugo in Tizate as the ESL Assistant.

Look at my beautiful town!!!


I will get to be in the classroom yet again with the wonderfully talented Miss Julisa!  She's the head of the English department at the school and also happens to be my lovely roommate.  She is the most creative teacher ever and is awesome to work with.  Love her.


I will also have the pleasure of working with our new English teacher for the younger grades, Ellis!!!  I'm excited for the energy he is going to bring!!!


And we will be working with the best kids on the planet!!!  Ok I may be a little bit biased but seriously, these kids will melt your heart with their love for Jesus and make you smile even on your worst day.  Here are some pictures of the wonderful kids we work with.






Aren't they the cutest? 

I will be homeschooling two little geniuses after school.  They already know two languages and are learning even more.  Crazy!  Samantha and Genesis are also really funny and love to do crafts (which I try to add in whenever I can).




It's crazy to believe I will be spending another year here and serving God through the kids there.  It is such an honor to be working in Guatemala again and I can't wait to be back there.  I truly feel like a part of me is missing when I'm not in Guatemala.  It's great to be where God wants me to be.  I know he has a plan for me being there.  Just influencing one kid towards God and his amazing love would make it all worth it.

I have to raise my own support.  All of the ESL staff is done through volunteer and donations by all of you.  For my next year there I need to raise a total $6,600 for expenses throughout the year.  This covers the cost of living, a monthly stipend for food, travel expenses, medical insurance, etc.  

If you feel called to be help support me, whether its one time or throughout the year, I would feel so blessed.  I know that I couldn't do it without the love and support from people back home.  If that's you, go here:
Global Shore Donations and type "Shelby McConnell" in the note box.
 
I know that not everyone can support me financially but still want to support me.  If that's you, please keep me and the school in your prayers.  Pray for God to continue to work in the lives of the students, for God to use me where he needs me and that all the finances will be taken care of.  There is major power in prayer.

Thank you so much for your love and support.

I will be updating this more as time progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment