Tuesday 17 May 2011

And the Work Continues

Work Day Four:  Status update
According to my mother, I have some sort of sprain in my shoulder and my fingers have swelled to the size of a sharpie.  These are m only grievances.  Apart form the minor setbacks my body has put in my way, I am liking the overall atmosphere of the packing house.  Working with Liz is quite enjoyable and the strange, eclectic mix of music genres blaring through the speakers overhead.  To keep our minds mentally stimulated, we have decided to memorize a few verses a day.  Today's focus was on Romans 12.  Now, menial labor has never been my first choice of jobs but today God struck me with a verse.  I few words that seemed to hit me right upside the head.  Do not be proud, but be willing to do menial tasks. (Romans 12:16)  I am not above the task of bunching asparagus.  If I am set with a task then I am to do it.  There is nothing that I'm 'too good' for.  This is the small life lesson for the day.  Just do it (as Nike would say), because you really can't argue with God.

Here is a picture of our team (aren't we just so adorable).


Top: Kat, Julliana, Jacobo, Christoph, Liz, Brayden, Katita
Middle: Dave, Jenn, Me, Josh
Bottom: Colin, Adam, Karla, Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment