Friday 13 May 2011

Thoroughly Modern Work

Today was out first experience in packing the asparagus.  I was on bunching duty with my bunching buddy Liz.  In my opinion, this is the best job there is.  You get to press a button all day!!!  So fun, right?  Oh and did I mention our epic attire?  Oh yes, this job would not be complete without a hairnet.  There is a clack clack clickity of the machine shooting out the asparagus that sounds like a million type writers going at once.  If I closed my eyes, I could imagine some writer furiously writing a novel of epic proportions.   
Never ever thought I'd be working on an assembly line, yet here I am, thanks to one Mr. Henry Ford.  I am one of the fourteen that are not Mexican Mennonite (mind you, this is just guesstimation).  The differences between us are astounding.  This group of people and I live such different lives, but in this one instance, we are the same. 
Well folks, I better hit the hay.  My guess is there is another fourteen hour day up for us tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment