Tuesday 3 May 2011

I'm Finally Here!!!

Sorry its taken me so long to get on here.  Apparently, there's no internet in the middle of no where (well at least there is no internet where we're living).  Go figure.  So, I've been here for a week and a lot has been happening.  Last week was devoted to getting to know the pastor and his wife that we will be working with in Guatemala.  It was incredible hearing what Jacobo had to say about God and our spiritual lives. 
Definately a week of growth and getting to know the team. 
The team has been amazing.  We've all seemed to have meshed fairly well.  It seems like we've known each other for a long time.  I have to keep reminding myself that it's only been a week (craziness).  There are 10 of us in the program and 2 fearless leaders, Christoph and Kat.  I love all of them oh so much.  It's so great.  
I wish I could fully express how great everything has been but its so difficult to put into words.  

On saturday it was Jacobo's birthday so the team decided to kidnap him and take him out for ice cream.  Here's what happened (hopefully this will work):

Side note: To all of you are trying to facebook me, I will probably not respond because I am rarely on the interwebs but I love you anyways.  

   

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well :) Keep the updates coming when you can get to some internet!

    ReplyDelete